The Shuswap Adventue Diving PADI Scuba Review Program
Why take this course?
Are you a certified diver but it’s been three years or less since your last dive? Getting ready to head to the islands and blow bubbles? Do you want to feel more comfortable and prepared to dive when you get there? If you answered ‘YES’ to any of these questions, then it’s time to brush up your skills with a Scuba Review.
What are the prerequisites?
Hold a scuba certification or be enrolled in a scuba certification course
(you’ll need to provide proof of certification so please bring your certification card)
What‘s involved in the program?
First we will require you to re-take the Openwater written test, just to refresh your memory on all aspects and safety procedures of Openwater. Once you've completed that, our PADI professionals will provide a few gear assembly reminders and then you'll enter the water.
He/she will first demonstrate a specific skill and then ask you to repeat it. The skills you will perform include: Buoyancy Control, Various Mask Skills, Emergency Procedures, Sharing Air Techniques, Ascents/Descents, and several other skills that will help build your confidence, improve your comfort and get you ready for your upcoming adventure.
How long will it take?
Approximately two hours.
What will I need to begin?
- Be a certified diver from any recognized training organization (you’ll need to provide proof of certification so please bring your certification card)
- Complete the PADI Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability & Assumption of Risk Form (PDF)
- Complete the Student Profile and Emergency Contact Information form (PDF)
Where can I go from here?
After your Scuba Review you'll be prepared to get back into diving or continue your dive education.
This program is for people who haven't been diving in three years or LESS!
- Skills review in the pool
- Scuba Review decal for your certification card